Traffic Advisory for Tuesday, August 17
A traffic advisory has been issued with the following traffic flow impacts expected for Tuesday, August 17:
- Paving is scheduled to take place on the following streets. The streets will be open to local traffic, and sidewalks will remain open:
- Heather Avenue, between Oak Drive and Doncaster Avenue (beginning at approximately 7:00 a.m.)
- Sidmount Avenue, between North River Road and Goodwill Avenue (beginning at approximately noon)
- Sidewalk and curbing work is scheduled to take place in the following areas for (the week of August 16-20):
- Goodwill Avenue, between Viceroy Avenue and Sidmount Avenue
- Alexander Drive, between Orlebar Street and Gerald Street
- Lower Malpeque, between Old Moore Court and Gates Drive
- Richmond Street, between Prince Street and Hillsborough Street
- Beach Street, off Kensington Road
- A portion of the sidewalk on Pownal Street, between Sydney Street and Dorchester Street sidewalks will be closed to pedestrian traffic effective Thursday August 5, until September 30. This closure is necessary for masonry work to take place in this area. Signage will be in place and pedestrians are advised to use sidewalks on the opposite side of the road.
- Spencer Drive, between Babineau Avenue and Towers Road will be closed. This closure is necessary for the construction of the new road to connect Towers Rd and Spencer Dr. Traffic control personnel on-site to help direct drivers around the site. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Work continues on the new library on Queen Street, between Richmond Street and Sydney Street. This section of sidewalk remains open to pedestrian traffic with signage in place as this work is ongoing.
- A section of the boardwalk that runs along the waterfront parallel to Haviland Street, adjacent to the Culinary Institute and the Armoury, will be closed to pedestrians during the construction of a project at 15 Haviland Street. Those using the boardwalk will need to go around the site while exploratory excavation work related to a future building and the existing stormwater pipe is completed.